I remember in college I had two different roommates each with a dog. The first house I rented a room from the dog was super sweet. My room was on the second floor and the girl I rented from lived on the main level with her dog. The dog would greet each of at the door was just so gentle. Never once did she jump on us or bark at us.
Fast forward a few years later and Zoey enters into my life. Our friends were moving away and they were unable take their sweet girl with them. They were heartbroken. Zoey was moved around to two or three different homes all in her first year before we were able to adopt her. People kept wanting her, but no one had the time to give her the attention that she deserved.
I'm a major softy and I snuggled with her for a bit and told her, 'Okay, but just for tonight.' If you are a pet parent you totally know that she slept in our bed every night since then. We now have a raised dog bed for her at the foot of our bed and she loves it!
The thing I wasn't prepared for as a Dog Mommy was falling absolutely in love with Zoey. She became my little chick, and I was her mother hen, and she followed me everywhere. We became walking buddies, we played with her favorite toys, and I discovered she loves peanut butter just as much as me. I soon learned that she would be so healing for my heart.
1. ChuckIt! Ball Launcher: This is the best toy ever made! Don’t tell mom but she can’t throw very far. My auntie Jackie gave this to me (Lily) for Christmas and now the ball goes so far and I have to run really, really fast to get it. It’s the best! It’s the perfect summer toy to bring to the dog park.
2. The big red thing: I don’t know what it is, but somehow peanut butter ends up inside of it and mom gives us each one. We just go crazy trying to get the peanut butter out - it’s our favorite and we just can’t seem to lick it up fast enough. Does your doggie have one too? We also like it with pumpkin!
3. Bath time isn’t our favorite but we sure love when mom uses our Animal Scents Shampoo. It smells so good and leaves our skin and fur so soft. It’s great for horses and cats too. We don’t like cats though. We bark at cats!
4. At Christmas time Dad bought us the best Christmas gift ever! It is a giant stuffed pickle. Mom only let him buy one thinking we wouldn’t like it. We both fight over it all the time. If your pup is smaller you can find this in a smaller size too. We’ve tried to bring it to bed but it takes up too much room!
5. We love to snuggle in the evenings while mom and dad watch a movie. This is our favorite blanket. It is so soft and cozy. Mom is doing this thing where she is making each room feel more Hygge....whatever that means. She does a good job making us feel comfy!
With no additional charge to you, I - as an Amazon Associate - earn from any qualifying purchases. Thank you!
A few days ago you were able to meet Lily and get to know her a little better. Today you will get a chance to get to know Zoey. Zoey is super sweet, loves to snuggle, loves soft blankets, and loves to make you happy. She’s content sitting in her chair or laying in the grass.
Nicknames: Zo-Bo, Zoey-Girl, Sweetheart, Pumpkin, Zo-Zo
How old are you? 7
What’s your favourite human food? Carrots, Peanut Butter, Apple slices, and eggs
What are you scared of? Car rides - I do not like them at all!
Favourite toy or thing to play with? I love all of my stuffed animals, but my favorite is chasing a laser or reflections.
Favourite things to do? Playing with the flash light. Mommy moves the flashlight up and down the hallway and I chase the reflection.
Least favourite thing? Having my ears cleaned
Have any Siblings? Yes, my Springer sister Lily.
How do you feel about the vet? It’s not my favorite place to visit. They are nice, but I’d rather not have to see them.
Do you like water? Yes, I do! I love drinking water, splashing in puddles and jumping in the lake!
Something you get in trouble for? Visiting my neighbors. They are so friendly and give me lots of tummy rubs. Mommy always calls me home too soon though.
Where do you sleep? My dad made me a raised bed right next to their bed. I’m pretty lucky!!
Do you go to a groomer? Yes, I love spa day!
What's your best trick? Pheasant hunting with my Dad
Who are your friends? Mom and Dad, of course! My springer sister Lily. Max the coonhound, Charlie the schnauzer and Leo the red setter. They are my buddies!
Do you like car rides? NO!
Do you snore? Yes
Are you a good dog? Yes, of course! Mommy calls me a good, little girl and gives me lots of hugs and kisses and tummy rubs.
If only our sweet furbabes could speak. Anyone else wish they could read their pets mind? I thought it would be fun to introduce you to Lily. Lily is a sweet and spunky 4 year old English Springer Spaniel. She is very shy and sensitive, but quite the little instigator too. Lily can be very curious and can easily cause mischief around our home. Enjoy this little blog take over from Lily!
Name: Lillian - but I go by Lily.
Nicknames: Mom and Dad have a lot of nicknames for me! Tiger Lily, Lily-Lou, Lily Lou-Lou, Goober, Little One...oh the list could go on.
How old are you? 4
What’s your favourite human food? Carrots, Peanut Butter, Apple slices, and Steak
What are you scared of? Strangers! I bark and then quickly hide behind mommy.
Favourite toy or thing to play with? My tennis ball or the giant stuffed pickle Dad got me for Christmas!
Favourite things to do? Play fetch with my tennis ball, chase Chip the Squirrel, and bark at cats. I also like dragging the laundry around he house...I’m just trying to help mommy!
Least favourite thing? Bath time and getting my haircut
Have any Siblings? Yes, my Springer sister Zoey.
How do you feel about the vet? No, thank you! They try to give me treats and talk nicely to me, but I hide under mommy’s chair or on her lap!
Do you like water? I like to drink water! My sister Zoey loves playing in water though.
Something you get in trouble for? Chasing rabbits and squirrels in my neighbor’s backyard. I’m sure they love when I come over to visit though! Mommy always calls me home though...
Where do you sleep? My dad made me a raised bed right next to my mommy‘s side of the bed.
Do you go to a groomer? Yes, but I sure don’t like getting my haircut.
What's your best trick? Doing a flip in the air to catch my tennis ball!
Who are your friends? Mommy, of course! My springer sister Zoey. Max the coonhound, Charlie the schnauzer and Leo the red setter. They are my buddies!
Do you like car rides? Yes!
Do you snore? Sometimes when I’m really, really tired
Are you a good dog? Yes, of course! Mommy calls me a good, little girl and gives me lots of hugs and kisses.